Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, University of Southern California
- Worked with Dr. Taj Frazier on his book The East Is Black: Cold War China and Black Radical Imagination (Duke University Press, 2014)
- Collaborated on two research projects:
- Visual culture and transnational Chinese artists.
- Race and media in China.
Research Grant Council of Hong Kong
- Worked with PI Dr. Anthony Fung on a 4-year government-funded project investigating Asian gaming industry. Mapping the Hong Kong Game Industries: Cultural Policy, Creative Cluster, and Asian Markets. Project no. 4001-SPPR-09.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Copyedited the book Chinese Communication Imagination [Huaren Chuanbo Xiang Xiang], (Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press, 2012)
- Worked with Dr. Annisa Lee and Dr. Ven-hwei Lo on multiple research projects
New York University
- Worked for Dr. Charlton McIIwain on the project investigating race in American political communication
- Worked with Dr. Rodney Benson on his book Framing Immigration: How the French and American Media Shape Public Debate (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2008)
- Designed and interpreted online survey, conducted extensive literature research for Dr. Susan Fox for her research project on changes in teenage girls’ media usage habit